Special Character Statement
Springbank is the ideal environment to bring out the best in your child. We emphasise the development of these key personal skills:
- Have a positive attitude to life and to all that you do. ‘Attitude is everything’.
- Strive for your own individual best effort in all endeavours.
- Be persistent. Focus and effort lead to success.
- Be consistent. It is the daily commitment to doing the best that you can that gets excellent results.
- Manage your time effectively. Be efficient.
- Plan, prioritise and set goals. Evaluate your progress.
- Celebrate your successes. Be proud of your achievements.
Our focus is academic excellence. Students with special abilities are offered acceleration and enrichment. Each student is recognised as an individual with unique talents and skills and it is our role to bring out the best in our students. We value our positive social environment, providing a caring family atmosphere of support, trust, friendship and consideration for each other. Students are encouraged to develop life-long personal values which equip them with the confidence to build and maintain good relationships. We consider physical fitness, high self-esteem and an agile mind as essential components of our balanced education.
We are recognised nationally as a leading School of Enterprise. We focus on teaching entrepreneurial and enterprising skills to our students and many have taken the opportunity to develop and run innovative businesses while still at school. These students have a head start and develop into confident young adults with a strong self-belief.
- Have integrity
- Be responsible and accountable
- Believe in yourself
- Take pride in personal best
- Have an optimistic, can-do attitude
- Aim for excellent achievement
- Compassion & understanding
- Have a social interest in world issues and situations
- Value diversity, independence and individuality
- Do the right thing at the right time for the right reason
- Respect for self and others
- Respect property and the environment
- Practise courtesy, appreciation and gratitude
- Make a community contribution
There is no set uniform at Springbank. Our expectation is that all students will dress neatly, be clean and tidy and take pride in their appearance.
Caps or hats are to be worn outdoors in summer. School T-shirts and polo shirts, or official school tracksuit, must be worn when representing the school for inter-school activities and for sports events. These can be ordered at Reception.
When students represent the school there is a set dress code. (Dark navy or black dress pants/ skirt, formal black shoes, a white shirt, official school tracksuit, school blazer and tie, depending on the occasion).
2019 Stationery Lists
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5 and 6
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10 – with textbooks
- Year 11 – with textbooks
- Year 12 and 13 – with Textbooks
Springbank School Cafe
Our onsite school cafe is open for Term 1 and we would like to welcome Shanny (a Springbank School parent) who will be running the cafe.
Please click on the attached menu to see what delicious food is available.